The purpose of this policy is to ensure that we, at Buy an eBike, treat our customers who are in vulnerable situations fairly and appropriately, in line with our regulatory and legal obligations and our values. We recognise that vulnerability can affect anyone at any time, and that it can have a significant impact on customers’ ability to make informed decisions, access our products and services, and achieve good outcomes. We are committed to understanding the needs of our customers, identifying those who may be vulnerable, and providing them with tailored support and assistance.
This policy applies to all our staff, business areas and relevant third parties who interact with our customers, either directly or indirectly. This policy covers all aspects of our relationship with our customers, from sales and customer service, to customer complaints and feedback.
The FCA’s has defined a vulnerable customer as “someone who, due to their personal circumstances, is especially susceptible to detriment, particularly when a firm is not acting with appropriate levels of care”. We recognise that vulnerability can be caused by a range of factors, such as:
- Health: physical or mental health conditions, disabilities, cognitive impairments, etc.
- Life events: bereavement, divorce, redundancy, etc.
- Resilience: low income, debt, financial difficulties, etc.
- Capability: low literacy, numeracy or digital skills, language barriers, etc.
We also acknowledge that vulnerability can be temporary, sporadic or permanent, and that customers may not always disclose or recognise their vulnerability. However we will train our staff to recognise signs of vulnerability
We have established the following minimum requirements for identifying and supporting vulnerable customers at Buy an eBike:
- We will conduct regular research and analysis to understand the needs and preferences of our target market and customer base at Buy an eBike, including those who may be vulnerable.
- Where possible we will deliver products and services at Buy an eBike that are accessible, inclusive and flexible for all customers, taking into account the potential impact of vulnerability on customer outcomes.
- We will train and empower our staff at Buy an eBike to recognise and respond to the signs of vulnerability, using empathy, sensitivity and respect.
- We will communicate with our customers at Buy an eBike in a clear, simple and appropriate manner, using their preferred channel and format where possible.
- We will offer a range of support options for vulnerable customers at Buy an eBike, such as flexible payment plans, specialist staff, reasonable adjustments, etc.
- We will monitor and review our performance at Buy an eBike in relation to vulnerable customers regularly, using feedback from customers, staff, regulators and other stakeholders to identify areas for improvement.
- Where major financial decisions are made by customer, we will take steps to ensure we seek consent in a clear and easily understood manor.
Where we need to apply our vulnerable customer policy we will:
- Ensure that we record Accurate information about customers needs to ensure information about customers needs to ensure that we meet their ongoing needs quickly, consistently and fairly.
- Document any steps it was necessary to take to ensure the customer needs were met.
- Document the customer outcome
- Ensure that all staff are aware of this process and how to access the systems used to record such information
- Ensure information and systems are secure and compliant
We will review this policy annually or more frequently if required by changes in legislation, regulation or business practice. We will also update this policy as necessary based on the feedback and suggestions from our customers and stakeholders at Buy an eBike.
As a consumer, you have certain rights and remedies under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 when you buy goods, services or digital content from us. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 sets out the standards that the products we sell must meet, such as being of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. It also gives you the right to reject faulty or misdescribed products within 30 days of purchase, or request a repair, replacement or refund within six months of purchase. If you are not satisfied with your purchase from Buy an eBike, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of delivery. Please contact us before sending back any items and make sure they are in their original condition and packaging. For more details, please see our Returns Policy